The Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) is of notoriety as a world creditable leading research-driven university. KAIST has over the years continued to improve its study facilities to suit her students in Korea and from all over the world. The school lays concrete emphasis on value-driven research and that is why it offers groundbreaking opportunities, top-notch research, stat-of-the-art facilities,and impeccable academic system. KAIST has continued to improve on this reputation by offering fully funded scholarships to Korean and International students in the area of science and technology.
The Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) provides a yearly platform for students from every part of the world to gain this scholarship. The KAIST International Student Scholarship for both undergraduate and postgraduate international students.
KAIST Undergraduate Scholarships are fully funded by the institution and is offered based on merit as the institution attaches so much importance to its screening process. The applicants are usually enjoined to read and master the policies guiding the grant of the scholarships as default to such policies can lead to disqualification.
KAIST accepts applications from candidates all over the world. Therefore, interested applicants who possess the required qualifications can apply to study during Spring semester or Fall semester.
ELIGIBILITY TO APPLY
Citizens of ALL countries (EXCEPT South Korea). All applicants must be of International Student Admission. Applicants with a financial need are able to apply for the scholarship.
International applicants whose parents were born in Korea MUST additionally satisfy one of the following two requirements:
- Neither of the candidate’s parents is a Korean citizen or;
- The candidate must have received his/her entire elementary, junior high, and high school education at an equivalent level of those provided in Korea. But in this case, international schools located in Korea are not recognised as foreign schools. AVAILABLE COURSES
KAIST available undergraduate courses include Science, Technology, Engineering, Humanities, Social Science, Business, and more.In their first year of study, all undergraduate students would have to study basics of science after which they would be free to choose and focus on any Major course they are interested in studying. Students are given the freedom of changing their major courses as KAIST attaches so much importance on the need for students to find their interest and talent to brace them for the best future career DURATION OF THE SPONSORSHIP
The award is expected to last throughout the duration of the student’s program at KAIST. However, the student must maintain a GPA over 2.7 out of 4.3 at KAIST
- METHOD OF APPLICATION The application period and selection procedure for the KAIST Scholarship can be done at the same time. If you are interested in applying for admission as an international student for an undergraduate program at KAIST, visit KAIST Undergraduate Admissions. Interview is notrequired for all accepted candidates. However, the institution would contact the applicants where one is needed. Applicants are sincerely advised to carefully and meticulously read and study and comply with this institution’s Admission Guide for International Undergraduate Students. DEADLINES
KAIST has three application cycles: EARLY, REGULAR, and LATE.For the EARLY cycle, online application opens September 3, 2018 and ends October 31, 2018. For the REGULAR cycle, online application opens November 1, 2018 and ends January 11, 2019. For the LATE cycle online application opens March 1st, 2019 and closes May 24th 2019
Therefore, submit your completed application and documents by 11:59 p.m. on the application deadline based on local time of Republic of Korea.
- Click here For more information on the KAIST scholarship
- All applicants are advised to also adhere strictly to the rules and regulations guiding the grant of the scholarship.